Sunday 22 April 2012

Compendium of Cusriosities 2: Challenge 2

This week's challenge over at Studio L3,home of the fabulous Linda Ledbetter  is :

Technique 2: Faux Patina
A Compendium of Curiosities, Vol. 2, page 58

Here is my version of Tim's great technique:

For this tag I used glossy card stock which is suitable for alcohol inks.  I then inked using bottle, stream, raisin and snow cap mixative alcohol inks, which a squirt of blending solution afterwards.

I then used archival ink to stamp the steam punk men, mixes media and quote directly onto the tag.  For the faux patina metal I used a mix of stream, bottle and snow cap mixative alcohol inks. Once dry I lightly sanded to reveal some of the metal.

If you want to have a nose at other creations head over to Linda's place to have a nosey!  Better still, 
Simon Says Stamp are picking one lucky person to win a $25 gift voucher.

Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. Great tag. I did not master stamping on this background, you've done it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Miriam! I love all the visual texture of the tag, and the faux patina is fabulous!!! Thanks for sharing your talent at the CC2C!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant tag Miriam, great stamping & your patina'd charms are fab! xx

    ReplyDelete