Monday 9 March 2015

Canvas Using JOFY Stamps

I wanted to create a canvas as a gift for a friend who loved butterflies.  As soon as I saw the new JOFY stamps I knew that the butterflies were the perfect ones for my canvas.

I started off my adding paper lace trims and scraps of picture wheel.  I then painted the canvas completely and added painted images to the background.  I highlighted some of these using a black pencil.


The butterflies were stamped onto Clearly for Art and painted (painstakingly) and cut out once dry.  They were then heated and moulded to give the wings some movement.

I added scraps of painted rulers and a few metal trinkets and Prima findings.  I added a word using Tim Holtz letters.

I kept the images fairly simple as I wanted the butterflies to be the main attraction of the canvas.

I am sure the recipient will love it (or at least I am banking on the fact that she does!!).

Thanks for stopping by....

3 comments: