Friday 18 March 2016

Finally Using Backgrounds Created Ages Ago!

Every now and again I set about creating backgrounds that then sit around for ages before I get around to using them!

I wanted to use the gorgeous Paper Artsy Everything Art stamps again and wanted to show the gorgeous image off, so I remembered some very simple stencilled backgrounds that I created months earlier!


The main image was stamped and coloured using Polychromo pencils. 

I mounted this onto black card in order for the image to pop.

The background was painted in 1 colour. Once dry I then used clear embossing pasted through a stencil and let it dry.

Once dry I thought that it looked really effective - quite subtle but detailed!

The background was also mounted onto black card that was attached to a card blank.

I added black lace and ribbon, and grey pearls to finish.

I made a second card almost identical to this but using different coloured pencils....


These are now ready for 2 birthdays that are coming up very soon.



1 comment:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one that has backgrounds made and not used!
    Love the card - background looks very effective!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete