Tuesday 23 April 2019

Country View Crafts Challenges - Easter/Spring

Hi again,

Today I am sharing with you my second project for the month.  I hope you are enjoying the amazing inspiration from the team over on the blog this month.


You may have realised that I am totally in love with the new PaperArtsy JOFY stamps that were released last month.  When I see them they remind me of spring time and beautiful flowers.  So these were perfect for this month's project.


I started by lightly brayering Fresco acrylic paint onto a 6x6 card.  I purposely left this rough looking around the edge as I liked the effect.


Next I used a technique shown by Tracy Evans at the NEC show last month.  I loved the possibilities of using a stencil as a stamp.  Although I actually ended up using a different stencil to the one shown in the photo.



How wonderful is this technique?!



The large flower was stamped and then coloured using Polychromo pencils.  I love how soft these pencils are, again, reminding me of Spring and warmth and lighter nights.


To finish I mounted everything onto a card blank, inking the edges with black paint.

The sentiment was from an earlier stamp release from PaperArtsy JOFY stamps.

I hope I have inspired you to join in with the challenge.  Don't forget, by joining in you may be in with a chance of winning a voucher to spend in the Country View Crafts shop.

Thanks for joining me...… happy crafting!


2 comments:

  1. Artistic & so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks so beautiful! I love the technique on the background and the soft colored flower.
    Hugs!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete