Saturday 18 May 2019

PaperArtsy Challenge - Turquoise

Good evening,

I have a project over on the PaperArtsy blog this evening.



Pop over to the PaperArtsy blog see more details on how I created this journal.

Here are more pics of my journal.... you may want to grab a cuppa as it is very picture heavy!



I loved the colour combination - turquoise mixed with Slimed and Cherry Red Fresco Finish paints.


I kept the background simple with wrinkle free distress, leaving parts white.  The gold splashes really lifted the journal.


I drew borders around the pages.  The intention will be to write down 'happy thoughts as I go along.


I loved the splashes of red above some of the houses.  It looked like a red sky!




I thought some of the quotes were appropriate for my journal purpose too!




There are lots of different elements in this collection of stamps.  So versatile to use for so many reasons.



The belly band's initial use is to balance the journal out as it was leaning when closed.  However, it is brilliant to hold little trinkets such as tags and tickets.



I also made sure that I decorated the spines.





So, there you have it.  My wrapped journal.  Celebrating the wonderful PaperArtsy Squiggly Ink Bricks and Mortar stamps, but also a place to jot happy thoughts!


Thanks for joining me this evening.

Happy Crafting!

Miriam


1 comment:

  1. oh wow, Miriam, I love this! hope you fill it with happy thoughts soon!

    ReplyDelete