Monday 7 October 2019

Co-ordinating Coral

Tonight I am sharing a project over on the PaperArtsy blog.  The theme for the fortnight is Coral.  You will have seen that there are some amazing new co-ordinating Coral shades that have been released in Fresco Acrylic paint range.

For my project I decided to create a masterboard and then use that to create a co-ordinating set to give to celebrate a birthday.

Here is my project


I chose to use the fabulous new Gwen Lafleur collection for PaperArtsy.  Gwen's designs are quite bold and striking - perfect for creating a masterboard.


I chose to create a masterboard out of a 12x12 inch sheet of tissue paper.

The colours that I used are:

Snowflake
Peachy Keen
Coral
Peach Nectar
Mermaid
Beach Hut

I chose the blues to contrast the wonderful Coral.


At first I brayed the colours onto the tissue paper and then used various stamps to stamp the colours all over the paper.  I also added snowflake and gold to brighten the colours.

Once I was happy I added splatters using a Posca pen.


The largest medallion stamp was mounted onto white cardstock and then I used a white gel pen to add highlights to it.


The card was finished by using a quote from a PaperArtsy Alison Bomber stamp set.

To go with the card I used more parts of the completed masterboard to create a tag and gift box.


I thought it would be really nice for a recipient to receive a matching collection.


I loved using this selection of colours.  The corals worked so well with the blues and pinks.  It was so good to create so many projects with one simple masterboard.  I also have enough left over to create another card or a couple of atcs.

Thanks for joining me this evening.  Make sure you pop over to the PaperArtsy blog to see the projects shared for this topic.

Happy Crafting!

Miriam

1 comment: