Tuesday, 28 June 2016

Birthday Wishes

It was one of the Patwits, Helen's, birthday on Sunday.

I had recently created a few master boards on tissue paper and thought that this would be a perfect opportunity to cut into them.

Here is the card that I made for Helen...

I started off by covering a card blank with black card.

I then cut a square of my masterboard (this was created using Fresco Finish paints and Ellen Vargo Paper Artsy stamps) and adhered it to the black card.

I added a black stitched oval to the centre of the card.

The flowers and caterpillar were stamped onto card, coloured using Polychromo pencils and them cut out.  There were attached to the card using Cosmic Shimmer glue.

To finish I added seam binding ribbon.

While I was in the throws of creating this I decided to make some spares.  Here is my variation on Helen's card...

Now I have an excuse to make more masterboards!!
Thanks for looking.....

Sunday, 26 June 2016

Playing With Scraps

I have had a very tiring week and so had decided to take it easy this weekend.  I wanted to create a project and decided to use all of the scraps that  I have had laying around.

I decided to create a mini book using the Sizzix Passport die.  Here is my finished project....

The covers were decorated using Paper Artsy Fresco Finish paints and stencils on the Gelli plate.

The inside pages were decorated by brayering Fresco Finish paints (I used China, Blue Glass, Zucchini, Limelight and Granny Smith).  For the pages and covers I used shades of green, blue and a touch of stone.

Next I set to work with stencils and paints on each of the pages and covers.

The next stage (and last for Saturday evening) was to colour Grunge Paste with Granny Smith, China and Little Black Dress Fresco Finish paint and then stencil on the pages.

At this stage I then decided to leave everything to dry thoroughly overnight.

This morning I started by collating all of the scraps and images that I had- this included images on tissue paper and card stock.  I coloured some images in using alcohol pens.

I put the mini book together using thread and used washi tape to hide the cotton.

I started off by adhering the tissue paper image to the pages using matte medium so it looked as though they were part of the back ground.

I then started to add to add the images on card stock.

Now the fun really started......

I started to add scraps of lace, flowers, gems and sequins.

I also added metal embellishments (you may know how much I love metal and rusty things!).

To finish I added scribbles and dots using a white Sharpie marker.

I added a book plate 'thingy' to the spine to finish.....

This was a fun project to create..... more so because it was a 'just because' moments - which I very rarely get the opportunity to do!

That's enough from me..... thanks for looking.....

Sunday, 19 June 2016

Happy Father's Day

Today is all about Dads- and don't we just love them!!

Here is the card that I made for mine

I used male themed backing papers for the background. 

The main image was stamped in Archival and then I used a rotary stamp to stamp the greeting.
I then sewed (yes! me!) around the edges - it's a good job I wanted a distressed look as I can't sew straight for love nor money!

I liked this image - the umbrella makes me think of how Dad's protect us :)

Thanks for looking!

Friday, 17 June 2016

Journal Swap

It was my turn to create a page for Darcy's journal.  As nervous as I was (Darcy's first page is spectacular) I set out to create my page.

I had an idea in mind and wanted to create an underwater theme.

I created a brayered background using blues and greens (Mermaid; Beach Hut; Blue Skies; Peeled Paint; Guacamole).

I then used a Kasia TCW stencil to create a 3d effect using grunge paste.  This shows some of the texture better

Next I used Kim Dellow and Emma Godfrey stamps to create my sea weed and flowers (this is what they would look like in my world!).

I painted these and highlighted them in white.

The sea horses are die cuts and coloured in coral.  These were added to the page.

I used a little background image to fill in some of the blank space and then added my own doodles in white.

The wording is the title to a poem which I found through Google.

So - that's my page!  Eek! I hope Darcy likes it!!

Thanks for looking......

Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Gift Packaging

I completely forgot to post a pic of the gift packaging that I made for my Mother In Laws birthday present back in March.

I started by creating a brayered paint masterboard and added loads of Ellen Vargo stamped images.

This was die cut into a pillow box.

The main image was stamped using Memento ink then coloured using Alcohol markers.  It was the cut out and added to the pillow box.

To finish I added bead sprays and flowers.

Something just a little more special than a standard jewellers box!!

Thanks for looking.....

Sunday, 12 June 2016

Paper Artsy Challenge - Houses

Well - I have just about managed to sneak in with this!  Normally I do the challenges after the end date.

I started off by creating a brayered paint background. I used Peeled paint, guacamole and zesty zing.

Once dry I blocked out an area where I wanted to stamp the door using stone paint. 

Next I stamped the door in Archival ink and dried it with a heat gun.

I then set about using various hot picks and urban snapshot stamps to create a leafy background - I wanted the door to look like it was a lost house somewhere, covered by nature.

The words were then stamped and keyhole and key added in Watering Can Archival ink.

Just a quick post seeing as I got this in on time for a change!!

Thanks for looking.