Tuesday 3 July 2012

Sunday Stamper Week 212 - Silver Dream Machine

The theme for this week's Sunday Stamper is 'Silver'.  At the moment  it takes forever for me to do anything - 3 weeks to make 5 cards - so I thought I would use this week's theme to create a birthday card for a friend.


I have been loving the 'block' theme that Hels has been showing lately, so I thought I would give it a go.

Firstly, I embossed some metal using 2 Tim Holtz folders.  I then dragged a black dabber across the metal and wiped over with a paper towel.

After this I cut the 2 metal sheets and a sheet of Destinations paper into random rectangles and squares.

I glued these randomly onto my card stock then edged it with walnut stain distress (my fave).

I die cut the Tim Holtz ticket strip and coloured it using weathered wood stain and edged with walnut stain ink. 

The images are a fab set that I ordered from the States last year - my DH is a car fanatic and I had been looking out for 'reaistic' car stamps - I have used these so many times since and never bore of them.  They were coloured using grey Promarkers.  The sentiment was stamped in Archival from a stamp in my stash.

The tyre tracks were stamped in archival and then punched using a lace border punch.

I finished the card using Ideology from my stash. 

I am really pleased with the finished result.  You can buy everything that I used from The Stamp Attic

Pop over to Hels' gaff to see her fabulous creation.

Thanks for looking.

10 comments:

  1. I love this card, and must try this blocking soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Miriam, Your card is Fabulous. I've never done anything like this at all. I can see a lot of work went in to creating it too. Hope your getting better. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you have done here. The tyre tracks are genius and you are right - those cars are so good. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and masculine card! Love the monochromatic silver theme, and the images...wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great male card and I love the patchwork effect. Definitely silver dream machines!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, I love those blocks and the way you've created the tyre tracks x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cor, this is FAB Miriam... hope you are feeling better hun, been worried about you... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper, see ya soon!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Miriam, I love this card, the car stamps are fab, love the way you made the tyre track and the patchwork really suits the card (I love using metal). You have done a wonderful job, hope your health is improving.........Regards, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely brilliant!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou for visiting my blog and leaving that kind comment, very glad I skiddadled over to tou to find this, it's lovely, I got stuckk with this theme and mojo went awol! x

    ReplyDelete