Sunday 23 September 2012

Christmas Note Cards

Today felt like the start of winter!  It hasn't stopped raining all day!!

I thought I would share some note cards that I have made to give as Christmas gifts.


This first set are very autumnal - apologies for the rubbish pic - they are much lighter in real life!

I started by stamping a wood grain stamp onto a card front using distress ink.

Next I brayered ink onto glossy card - I wanted it to look quite abstract, which I think it does. 

Once dry, I stamp various Hero Art tree stamps onto the brayered papers in Archival ink, before tearing the paper around to give a jagged edge.  I attached this to the front of the note card and added a flower brad to the top left corner.

The leaves are the mini tattered leaves from Tim Holtz and they have been die cut onto Kraft Glassine.  These have then been crumpled to add texture and added to the card.

The second set of note cards are very different.

For these I used some sewing pattern papers from my stash.  I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder to add detail to the bottom edge which I then highlighted using distress ink. 

I did cut the mini sewing room die twice - firstly in white card which I coloured in Distress ink and then secondly in canvas.  I edged the canvas in antique linen to age the dress form.  I added seam binding ribbon around the waist.

To finish I used various buttons which I tied string through and added pins to decorate.

Hope the recipients will like them!

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous23.9.12

    Love those notecards........what a fabulous xmas idea x

    ReplyDelete