Tuesday 9 October 2012

Birthday Boy!

As you read this I will be sipping port in Porto. 

Today marks Dan's 'special' birthday - you will never be able to guess his age (LOL!!!).  Dan is a car enthusiast (and there are some special treats in store for him while we are away).  Here is the card that I have made for him:



For the background I have used a sheet of gorgeous Bo Bunny Time Piece paper. 

I used a sheet of Paper Artsy Metal card and embossed it using a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  I then brushed some black acrylic paint over the metal and swiped over it with a damp cloth.

The stamp set is from Tim Holtz.  The tyre truck was stamped using jet black archival and the car in red archival. 

I die cut the regal crest in a deep red coloured card and the numbers are from Tim's Word Play die.

Following this is embellished using the game gears and spinners and a word band. 

To finish I cut a photo of Dan to fit a cash key and attached this to the card.

Hope Dan likes it!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Dan! Hope he had a wonderful birthday, I'm sure he did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this!!!! Happy Birthday Dan!

    ReplyDelete