Wednesday 3 October 2012

Thank You Cards

Some of you may have read my updates on Twitter and Facebook over the last couple of weeks.  After 17 years and 50 weeks I am leaving Sainsbury's and my role as HR Manager.  An very exciting opportunity arose with a non-retail company and I was the lucky applicant to get the job! 
 
It means that I will no longer work with some of the amazing people that I have met over the years, although I will stay in touch with them.
 
Today was my very last HR meeting and I was spoilt with cupcakes, flowers and lots of presents.  I nearly shed a tear, but tried to stay strong...  2 more days to go in store.
 
So, what better way to say goodbye than through cards.  Here are 2 of the cards that I have made:
For this card I used the fabulous 'Everything Eleanor' set from Stampin' Up. 
 
Firstly I stamped the swirl randomly on the background card using pink ink.  Using the same ink I stamped the flower onto pink card 3 times and cut out.
 
I stamped the label in green ink and cut this out.  The phrase was stamped in black archival.
 
I overlapped 2 lengths of ribbon before attaching everything to the card using silicone gel.
 
 
For the second card I used 2 different stencils and pounded distress inks through them. 
 
The main image is from Studio 490 and was stamped in coffee archival.  The footprints and phrases are also from a Studio 490 set and are stamped in black and vermilion archival.
 
I finished the card using an Ideology tag.
 
I am sure the recipients will like them.
 
Thanks for looking....
 

1 comment:

  1. I expect they will love them, they are fab cards.

    ReplyDelete