Wednesday 9 October 2013

Happy Birthday Wishes

Today it is Dan's birthday...  We normally go away for it but we were away last week and will be going away again soon!

Here is the card that I made for him.... it is probably a good job we didn't go away because it was quite heavy!!

I started off by covering a card blank with some Tim Holtz paper.

I then added pieces of metal card that I had embossed with a tyre track folder and some torn and distressed dictionary paper.

I coloured some grey board using Fresco Finish paints in various colours until I was happy with it.  I then stamped some background images in complimentary colours of paint.

The main image was stamped in black Archival ink and then heat set.  I then set about colouring various elements with Fresco Finish paints until I was happy with it.  After drying it with a heat gun I edged the board in black paint and highlighted parts using a white gel pen.

I mounted this to the background card then embellished with a word band and gears.

Thankfully Dan loved the card...and the work that I put into it.

Thanks for looking.....

1 comment:

  1. What a great card! Not surprised he liked it.

    ReplyDelete