Sunday 2 March 2014

Play Day Sunday

I've been suffering from a migraine all weekend and so have barely done much crafting.  However, I still haven't shared with you the creations made during my play day with Di and Laura last week.

We had a fabulous day and created alot whilst having a good natter and a lovely lunch (thank you to Di for bringing lunch).

We decorated an art spool, a mini paper mache hanging and made a card.  Here are my makes:

Art Spool:

 Please excuse the poor picture quality!!

I started off my decorating an art spool using Prima papers and edging it with walnut stain distress ink.

I decided to go with a sewing theme so coloured cotton reels and die cut canvas die forms.

I then started to place them on top of the spool and when I was happy I glued them in place using cosmic shimmer glue.

Here is a side view of the spool. I finished by adding pleated ribbon around the edge of the spool.

I really enjoyed making this.  Though got frustrated when I needed to use a hammer to get the spool to fit together after decorating with paper!!

 Mini Paper Mache Hanging:

Here I used Paper Artsy a layer of Fresco Finish paint followed by a layer of Crackle Glaze and a final layer of Fresco Finish paint.  You can't see the crackle in the picture but it looked pretty awesome!

I then stencilled onto the canvas using paint and added some texture paste in a few places.

The images were stamped onto card and then painted before being glued onto the canvas.

Card:

After not being entirely happy with my paper mache hanging I decided to go back to what I love... that being Wendy Vecchi!!

I covered a card blank using Tim Holtz paper and stamped onto the background using Archival ink.

I then stamped the leaf border around the edge.

I stamped the 'Queenie' image onto card, cut it out and inked the edges.

I did the same with a quote and the butterflies.

I was really happy with how the card turned out....The perfect way to end the day!

So...that was my creations...here are Laura's:





And here are Di's:


I am sure you will agree that they created fabulous pieces of art!  Great fun!

Thanks for looking....

1 comment:

  1. I am very impressed that you all made so many things in one day and they are all so beautiful. My favourite though has to be your Wendy Vecchi creation, it is gorgeous. It is always so much fun to craft with friends. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete