Wednesday 24 August 2016

Male Birthday Celebrations

I have had quite a few male birthdays to create cards for recently.

Here are some of my makes:


Firstly is this card that I made for our nephew, Thomas.

I decorated a card blank with background paper.  I stamped some of the fab small images on the JoFy stamp set.

The 'boy' was stamped and coloured using Polychromos.  It was then cut out and mounted onto a stitched oval die cut.

To finish I added a lovely polka dot ribbon.

I simply love this card!!


Next is the card that I made for our nephew, James.  James turned 16 this year - goodness knows where the time has gone!

I mounted various papers onto black card. 

The main image was stamped onto distressed paper and the greeting was stamped and punched out.

I then layered it altogether until I was happy with the finished card.


Next is the card that I created for our Brother-in-law.  I actually used stitching on this card (yes, I know!!).  I used my old favourite Jalopy stamp for this.


Finally is the card that I created for our friend, Piers. 

Here I assembled various background papers.

I stamped the Tim Holtz cogs in the new Wendy Vecchi Shadow Grey Archival ink (my new favourite).  I then stamped the vintage car over the cogs in coffee Archival.

I finished the card with black gems.

So..... there they are!! 

Unlike most people I love  creating male cards!!

Thanks for looking......



2 comments:

  1. Love these!!!!
    male cards must be my least favourite thing to make....I shall be "taking inspiration" from yours I think
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great male cards Miriam - I hate making male cards. Whose stamp did you use for the 2nd card? Jo x

    ReplyDelete