Friday 26 August 2016

Mini Journal Fun!

I have caught the journal bug big style recently.

I have my usual large journal on the go.  Darcy then asked me to do a journal swap with her (which I jumped at) and then I found small Cath Kidston journals less than half price in the local shop.  They are really cute too - scalloped edges!

I started off by gluing pages together to strengthen them.

I then couldn't wait to start creating.  Here is my first page.


I started by lightly misting the page and sprinkling it with Infusions.  I am still totally in love with these.  I dried this with a heat tool because I am far too impatient!!

Next I started to stamp various Everything Art Paper Artsy stamps in Archival ink across the background.

The main image was stamped onto card stock and coloured using Polychromos.  I glued it to my page and then went around it using a black pencil.

In order to make the quote stand out I used a dab of stone paint and spread it over an area big enough for the quote.  Once dry I stamped the quote in Archival ink and rubbed a black border around it with my finger.

I then started to scribble and draw with a black fine liner.

To finish, I added a crown which I distressed with a bit of black paint.

I am really happy with the end result.  A great first page in my new small journal!

Thanks for looking.....



3 comments:

  1. Lovley page Miriam. Looking forward to seeing more of your small journal pages x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, especially the scribbled writing (forgive me) round the scalloped edges. what did you use to glue the pages together so they don't wrinkle (you can tell I've tried!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find Miriam, the scalloped edged journals. Fabulous page, not surprised that you are pleased with it. Like Helen, I have been admiring your writing....looks very stylish. Great pages! Xx

    ReplyDelete