Sunday 20 May 2018

A Very Happy Birthday

Today is my dear friend, Wendy's birthday.  I have a very special present arranged for her in a couple of weeks and so wanted to create a special card to give to her on the day.


I wanted to show her how much her friendship means to me and so I used this wonderful Paper Bag studio image.  True friends really are like family and so this was perfect.  I added stencilling to the bottom left of the stamped image to add a filler.

The background was created using the Gel Press.  Blues are one of Wendy's favourite colour schemes and so I knew that this would be the scheme for the card.  I used my favourite PaperArtsy Fresco  Chalk Acrylic Paints and created my mono-printed background.  I also used Chalk Fresco Acrylic paint through a mini JOFY stencil.  At this stage I always go through the stage of not liking my creation, but I know that I have lots more layers to go.


Once this was dry, I added further stamping using a mini PaperArtsy script stamp and blue Archival ink and the amazing Seth Apter background stamp using black Archival ink (I must add that this has soon become a stamp that I use so often it is always on my desk!!).  I also used the Stampotique Kate Crane Marks cube to add some lines and scratches.


I then started to highlight areas in white and add some scribbling (Kate Crane told me that I would never look back once I got used to scribbling and she was right!).


To finish my background, I added gold dashes in a few areas.

To complete my card I added some dried flowers (one of my flower loving friends will be able to tell me what these are).  I also added a scribbled border and a stamped sentiment.

I hope that Wendy has a fabulous birthday and I hope that she loves her card, and then just as the birthday celebrations are over, it will be time for her weekend away with me.

Thanks for joining me.

Happy crafting!



3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card!! Lucky Wendy. I think they're probably gypsophila ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it especially the stamped image 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally adore my card Miriam, the colours are definitely me and l love softness the flowers give to the frame. The words inside melted my ��.
    I cannot wait to share a weekend with you, I still caloca believe I am actually going to MoM eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete