Wednesday 23 May 2018

Vintage Neutrals with Eclectica Everything Art

Good evening all,

Tonight I am over on the PaperArtsy blog showing a project for the theme of the fortnight, Vintage Neutrals.  I always love to see vintage colours on projects, and people like the very talented Jennie Atkinson carry this off really well.  It's always been a colour scheme that scares me a little.  Although I don't lean towards very bright colours, subtle and neutrals are also not a combination I tend to us, mainly because I think I can never pull it off very well. 

I have to admit, I loved creating this project and was really happy with my finished project.




I wanted to use the lovely Eclectica Everything Art stamps for my project as they can be used with all colour schemes and give a different effect each time.


I lightly brayered Buff, Chalk and Sage Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Paint over a card blank and the stamped the script stamp from EEA04  using Shadow Grey Archival Ink.  I chose this colour as it went really well with the colour scheme and it's a beautiful subtle grey.


I then stamped the lace ribbon to the edges of the card blank using Pink Peony Archival ink.

I painted a panel using Sage Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Paint and set this aside to use as a mat for my main image.


For the main image, I used a technique demonstrated by Lauren Hatwell at Stamperama earlier this year.  This technique has completely changed my way of working!!


I stamped the image from EEA01  using Coffee Archival ink using the Stamping Platform.  I then pained over the image, leaving the card in the same position on the Stamping Platform.   As I was using Opaque paints I painted over the detail of the image as seen below.


Then , and this is where the genius of Lauren set in... I just re-stamped over my image again using the Stamping Platform.  Why do I never think of ideas like this?!  But it works a treat.


I then started to put my card together, layering the main image on the Sage mat I had created and then layering on top of some dried flowers which gave it a softer and more vintage look.  

 
To finish, I stamped the quote from EEA02 and added a bow using Seam Binding Ribbon.


I was really pleased with my finished result.  I am now wanting to make more projects using this colour scheme!

Thanks for joining me. Pop over to the PaperArtsy blog to see other inspiration for this fortnight's challenge.  I hope I have inspired you to join in!

Have a great evening.

1 comment:

  1. Love this card and the subtle colours xx

    ReplyDelete