Wednesday 5 September 2018

Christmas Samples For Creative Expressions Part 2

Hello again.  Today I am sharing the samples I created for Creative Expressions that were created using the warmer and more traditional reds, greens and golds.




I'm starting by showing you how I have used a Christmas die for a non-Christmas card.  Here, I have used the air ship from the Sue Wilson Industrial Chic Festive collection and teamed it with the fabulous background die and sentiments from Lisa Horton.





For this sample I wanted to see if I could use some foiling to look distressed through the stencilling,  I didn't think this was going to work at first - then realised I was foiling with the foil the wrong way around!! lol!


I loved how distressed this looked when the foiling wasn't 'perfect'.  I teamed this background with the Gear Flower and Poinsettia from the Sue Wilson collection.


Here is another example of distressed foiling - I love how imperfect it is - but that's just me!!



This was a simple card using Distress Oxides through a stencil in the background and then teamed with the fabulous wreath die.  What I love about this die the most is that it can be used for so many things - not just the Festive season - and if you don't like traditional Christmas designs, these dies are perfect.


Again, I have used a simple Distress Oxide background through stencilling and then teamed it with two of the dies.


A simple Infusion background, using the Santa that I cut from the air ship that I used for the birthday card, teamed with the frame and a greeting.


Infusions again, this time with the offcuts from the Gear Flower, teamed with the Poinsettia, the Holly Sprigs and the Xmas greeting.


And finally for today, another wreath.  I think you can see how much I loved these dies!

So, there you have it!  My samples using more traditional colours.

Join me again in a couple of days to see some of my other samples.

Thanks for joining me.

No comments:

Post a Comment