Saturday 1 September 2018

Country View Crafts Challenges - Planes, Trains & Automobiles

How did we get to September???

It's my choice of topic for this month's Country View Crafts challenge - I have chosen Planes, Trains and Automobiles.  It's often hard to make more masculine cards and so I thought it would be perfect to push me a little.

Here is my first make for the challenge.


I started by covering a card blank using Tim Holtz Destinations paper.  I also cut 2 rectangles which I distressed and edged using Walnut Stain distress ink.  The Old Jalopy is one of my favourite and oldest stamps.  This was stamped onto one of the rectangles using Archival ink.


I embossed a sheet of metal card using the Foundry embossing folder. I adore this folder - it's ace! I then rubbed over the whole embossed metal using black acrylic paint.  I left this to dry for a few seconds and then lightly rubbed over it with a cloth, leaving some of the paint behind - I love how this turned out.  I then used a strip of this for my card.


I did the same to the Scallop 3d Impresslits  and also the Medallion.  


To finish I added a bow to a word band and attached this to the Medallion.  

I really love how this turned out.  


I think it ticks the boxes for this month's challenge as well as creating a vintage looking card.

I really hope you are inspired by the challenge this month.  Pop over to the Challenge blog to see everyone's inspiration and to join in with the challenge.  Don't forget that there's a gift voucher up for grabs if you join in with the challenge.  

Thanks for joining me today.

Happy Crafting!






7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Miriam! The imrpresslits cut-outs look great on the card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card and theme Miriam !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great project Miriam. I love the embossed foil, in fact I'm thinking the folders are better than I initially realised, the effect is that of distressed metal, one can almost "feel" the weight of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this theme Miriam - and love that embossing folder too - wow - your project looks brilliant! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely Miriam, the impresslits look amazing on the metal card. Have a very happy September, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Miriam with a fab background. Funny how we used the same cars! A great theme it took me out of my comfort zone xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what an amazing make! I live the vintage style and the embossed metal card elements are so beautiful 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and happy weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete