Saturday 26 January 2019

Vintage Tea Time

Some of you will be aware that it was my birthday a few weeks ago.  I was very fortunate to be spoilt massively by a very dear friend who treated me to the new PaperArtsy ScrapCosy release.  You can see the full release here and buy them here.

I really couldn't wait to get playing with this release.


I started by creating a distressed background using Vintage Photo, Dusty Concord and Shaded Lilac Distress Oxides.  I then stencilled Hydrangea Archival ink through the Fleur de Lis stencil.  I bumped the stencil (moved up and slightly across) and stencilled through the same area using Grunge Paste.  This is a technique taught by Raquel herself (aka ScrapCosy).  This was then left to dry completely.


The butterflies and flowers were stamped and coloured using Polychromo pencils.  They were then fussy cut.  You know that I love a product if I am happy to fussy cut them - those who know me know that I have very little patience!



I then started to layer everything up, adding vintage lace behind the flower.  To finish this was mounted onto black card and then onto a card blank.

Here is the finished card


I actually recreated this card using different vintage lace.   I loved how subtle these turned out.

I had so much fun I created more cards too using the same technique.


I also used the vintage tea pot from the previous release.  These two releases work amazingly together.


As you can see I have been having bags of fun with my birthday presents.  Totally love them and I am so thankful to have such amazing friends in my life.

Thank you for joining me.  I would love you to leave a comment to tell me what you think of my play time!

Happy crafting!
Miriam



8 comments:

  1. So nice! I love these Miriam!!😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they look gorgeous Miriam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stunning! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are gorgeous cards Miriam. The colours compliment the actual flowers. I love that. It really makes you want to reach out and touch them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's some good present-giving by your friend! Gorgeous work with the new Scrapcosy stamps - they look amazing.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous projects Miriam! Raquel's stamps are beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete