Monday 11 November 2019

Country View Crafts Challenges - Hand Stamped

Today I am sharing my second project for the Hand Stamped challenge.


I started by brayering Iceberg, Koala and Blue Jeans Fresco Acrylic Paints onto a sheet of card stock.


I then cut a panel to create my main focal image before stamping the background of the remaining brayered background using a Sara Naumann background stamp.  I edged the background using a silver Sharpie marker.

This was mounted onto a black panel and then card blank.


I added self adhesive snowflakes to the background.  I think these are so pretty.


The main image us a PaperArtsy Sara Naumann image and was stamped using Versamark ink  and then covered in silver embossing powder.

Can you remember the first time you heat embossed?  Every time I do this I wonder why i don't do this more often.  I love watching the magic of the powder heating and 'setting'.


It really is like watching magic happen.


This was mounted onto black card and then onto the background card.

To finish I added white twine and a snowflake charm.

I was really pleased with this card and think I will be making more - although I have run out of those fabulous self adhesive snowflakes.  The only disappointing thing for me is that, no matter how hard I tried, the pictures I took do not show how bright and shiny the card is.

Thank you for joining me today.

Do pop over to the Challenge blog and look at the inspiration from the design team.  I hope that I have inspired you to join in and share your hand stamped projects - don't forget that you may be lucky enough to win the gift voucher to spend in the shop.

Happy stamping!
Miriam

5 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous, Miriam! The colour scheme is great with the silver and pearl adding a subtle shine, and I love that Sara Naumann stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Miriam! Dat background!!!! LOVE x Infinity!!! And the pearl snowflakes and silver embossing are perfect touches. Wonderfulness!! And yes, watching powder melt is one of my guilty pleasures, like the jump to light speed in the first Star Wars movie. I am in awe and transfixed every time!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty Miriam, those snowflakes are so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete