Saturday 7 December 2019

Partridge in a Pear Tree

This evening I have a project over on the PaperArtsy blog.

The theme this fortnight is Cute Critters.  I chose to use the Squiggly Ink Egg and Nog collection - I love these stamps.

Here is my finished project


I started off by brayering Sage, Koala and Blood Orange Fresco Acrylic paint onto a sheet of card.


I then randomly stamped the poinsettia stamp from Squiggly Ink Egg and Nog 2.


I painted the poinsettias using the Blood Orange paint.  Because this is translucent I thought it left a lovely contrast on the brayered background.  This was mounted onto black and a co-ordinating panel of mahogany card.


My cute critter is this partridge.  I stamped this onto a Koala painted sheet of card.  The partridge is from Squiggly Ink Egg and Nog 5.    I added a touch of Blood Orange to brighten the partridge up.


I also stamped the pears and coloured them in Sage and Blood Orange.


I stamped the poinsettia twice and shaped it before adding it to my card to finish.


I had forgotten how much I loved using these stamps.  It goes to show that they never age.

Thanks for joining me this evening.  Don't forget to pop over to the PaperArtsy blog to see the other cute critters being created for this theme.

Happy Crafting!
Miriam

2 comments:

  1. that's gorgeous Miriam (thanks for the card, as always yours was one of the first to arrive!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Mim xx

    ReplyDelete