Saturday 1 February 2020

A Hint of Spring

Good evening,  yes, busy day for me as this is my second post to share with you today.

This evening I have a post over on the PaperArtsy blog.  The theme for this fortnight is 'A Hint of Spring'.

I decided to decorate a note book and create a matching card.  Here are the finished projects:


I started my projects by creating a masterboard by brayering Globe Thistle, Mauve, Grape, Taro Milk Tea and Lichen Fresco Acrylic Paints over a sheet of white card.


Next, I added stencilling using PaperArtsy Sara Naumann PS176 and PS178.  I also stamped the script stamp from PaperArtsy ESN41.


I drew around part of the stencilling and also added white splatters from a Sharpie marker.


I loved the detail on the Masterboard - I almost didn't want to cut it!


The notebook was a cheap buy in the Christmas sales - each year I buy a few ready to decorate when I am ready.


One of the leaf collage stamps were stamped in Archival ink and then stamped separately using Khaki Fresco Acrylic Paint - the paint stamped image was then cut out.


To add more texture I added Sisal to the background and then glued my cut out leaf on top.  I finished by stamping a sentiment.


I used more of the Masterboard to create a co-ordinating card, this time using a different sentiment and adding three gems to the card.


I am really happy with how these turned out - the colours are perfect for a Spring time birthday and the note book will make a lovely small gift for a friend.

Thank you for joining me again today.

Do pop over to the PaperArtsy blog to see other wonderful projects for the Hint of Spring theme.

Happy Crafting!
Miriam

4 comments:

  1. Oh Miriam! These are just so beautiful! Amazing colors and beautiful style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Miriam! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete