Monday 10 March 2014

Rebel Stampers Christmas Card Challenge

Yes, I know!! The dreaded 'C' word!

A challenge was set over at the Rebel Stampers to create a Christmas card each month using certain criteria.  The idea being that it will give us a stock of cards to use at Christmas time.

 I was a little slow in doing this and so did the January and February challenges at the same time!

January's challenge was to use a stamp that had not been used before. For this I used a Paper Smooch Greeting:

I decorated a card blank using Olive green paper.

I stamped the Santa image in Archival ink onto a journalling tag.

The holly wreath was die cut and added to the side of the card and the sentiment stamped at the bottom.

February's challenge was to use gilding flakes:
I covered a card blank using Crafters Companion 'The Snowman' card.

I stamped the Snowman image and covered it in gilding flakes.... I'm getting better at gilding but need more practise!

I then stamped a sentiment and added a snowflake and some bells tied to ribbon.

Well, that's 2 cards made ready for December!!

Thanks for looking....

No comments:

Post a Comment