Sunday 1 March 2015

Miniature Things - Paper Artsy Blog Challenge

I have been wanting to join the challenges for a very long time but haven't had chance.  But, while everyone went off to Stevenage today I decided to get the paints out and have fun!

The theme of the challenge is small things / miniature things.  I decided to create a mini book, which I haven't done for a very long time.  It was actually 8 years since I last created a maze book and it was nothing like this one.  I had been crafting for about 3 months and it was made using a sheet of patterned paper and no stamping!

So... the thing about a maze book is that the 3x3 inch  pages are created using 1 sheet of 12x12 paper, and then you add the covers.  There are loads of videos on You Tube so I won't bore you with the basic technique.

I started off with a 12x12 sheet of tissue paper, which I brayered with Fresco Finish paints then added various stamped and painted images.


I then created the covers using the same brayed paint technique.  I stamped and painted the images to the front page


I sandwiched seam binding in between the covers to create a tie fastening before I glued the 1st page to the cover.

Here are the pages








Oops!  Just noticed that the photo of the 1st page is upside down!  I'm planning on making some small tags to fit into the pockets at some stage - but I have a busy week at work and so won't be able to play for at least a week.  I would also like to stamp some quotes..... so many things!  So little time!

Anyway.... I really enjoyed this challenge and look forward in taking part in more.

Thanks for looking.

7 comments:

  1. what a fab little book! glad you had time to play while we were all shopping, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Miriam. I love the colours and the stamps you've chosen. I do hope you'll take part in lots more challenges at PA in the coming weeks; it's so nice to see your work. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool, love it. I really like how some of the images go off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab book Miriam.The colours look great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally. Loving those colours and how it has come together so perfectly!! Wow Miriam this is so pretty, love it! ~ Leandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow truly awesome little book and wow the colours are gorgeous. Happy Art :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete