Monday 25 May 2015

Birthday Greetings....and a little something new!

It was my dear friend, Caz, birthday in April. Caz is one of the most talented people I know.  She can perfect many different crafts and it just leaves me in awe of her talent!

When it came to creating Caz' birthday card I decided to try my hand at something new.  In fact, it is something I did as a small child but have not attempted for years.  And I really surprised myself at how much I remembered.

So, here is my card....

I started off my stencilling clear texture paste through a stencil.  I left this to dry overnight.

I die cut 2 labels in co-ordinating colours.

The focal point of the card saw me knitting with cocktail sticks!  I thought this would be quite easy but cocktail sticks are so small and fragile it was harder that I thought!  I even added a bead to the end of each stick to finish the 'needles' off.  The yarn that I used was craft twine and I curled the remainder into a ball.

The knitting was then glued to the card.

I finished with a couple of greetings which were stamped and die-cut.

I actually enjoyed creating this card (don't tell anyone).  The knitting was quite exciting.... though it's not making me run out and start to knit a jumper for every member of my family just yet! LOL!

Thanks for looking.....

1 comment:

  1. knitting with cocktail sticks??? wow, that's fiddly! clever, but fiddly... I am sure Caz appreciated the effort and the finished card looks great.

    ReplyDelete