I wanted to complete this project in time for my mum's birthday in January but didn't get time... and so I made it for Mother's Day.
Here is my model...
This started as a white head, and a wooden stick on a cube!
I started by getting the head to glue to the stick. Lots of glue and masking tape was involved.
I then used the Powertex to colour the whole of the statue.
After this I cut some cloth and covered this in the Powertex, which I then started to mould to the statue. Once I was happy I allowed this to dry for a couple of days.
After a couple of days I added bronze mica powder to varnish and painted this over the statue, leaving bits a bit shabby and bare. This then had to dry completely.
Here are other shots of the finished figurine....
I was really happy with the finished product. There are things that I would do differently next time... and I can't wait for the next project!!
Thanks for looking.