Sunday 18 February 2018

A Little Bit Of Love

Evening all..... an unusual time for me to post but I have some exciting news.... Today, DarcyUK  launches her new stamps for PaperArtsy.  I have been waiting patiently for new Darcy stamps, and she hasn't disappointed.  There are 2 A5 stamp plates and they are AWESOME.  I was very lucky to be able to get them last week and couldn't wait to get playing!

Here is my finished project....


Cute eh?  And yes, I know I don't do 'cute'!  But Darcy's new stamps can be used in soooo many ways.

So, how did I create this?

I started by creating a quick background.  A brayered Cherry Blossom and Spanish Mulberry  Fresco Finish Chalk paint onto an a4 sheet of card.


I then scraped Spanish Mulberry, Dolly Mix and Egg Plant Fresco Finish Chalk Paints over the brayering. I kept loads of empty space as I had further steps.

The next step was to stencil Archival Ink using Darcy's previously released stencils.  I used Magenta Hue and Thistle Archival Ink.


I then highlighted the stencilling using a white gel pen.

Next, it was time to get the stamps out!


I used EDY20.  How amazing are these stamps!

I stamped the hearts, flower and swirly circle using Thistle and Black Archival inks.


I was happy with this.

The next stage was to stamp and colour the girl image.  I used Alcohol Markers to colour her in.  I love how Darcy has added shaded bits in the image already - it's so helpful for people like me who are not that good at colouring!


I then mounted this and some of the painted background onto black card. I edged the main image in Thistle and the background in white.


I loved how this all came together.  

I added ribbon and tied a bow, along with flowers and 2 heart pins.


I just love how the background images stand out so well and I am just delighted with my finished card -though I am not sure I will be able to give it away! 

That's enough from me, but Darcy and her wing 'man' Lauren have the official launch of this release.

You can see Darcy's post here and Lauren's post here.  Make sure you pop over and see their creations.

Thanks for joining me this evening.

Happy Crafting!



5 comments:

  1. this is wonderful Miriam - love your palette too - wonderful! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is cute. Love that background. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks lovely Miriam!! I’m itching to have a play with them! Thanks for sharing your ideas with us too!! Love that background-it’s perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Miriam! Darcy's stamps are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous work. Love what you did Miriam. Lx

    ReplyDelete