Saturday 14 September 2019

Mini Book Muse

Tonight I have a new project over on the PaperArtsy blog.  The theme is inchies & twinchies.  As soon as I heard the theme I knew exactly what I wanted to create.


I remember when I started to craft many years ago.  I came across a one page mini book whereby I took a sheet of 12x12 inch paper and created a mini book.  I loved that technique - and still have that book somewhere!

So, I got to wondering if I could scale this down to create a 2x2 inch book... and I could!


I started by decorating both sides of a sheet of card stock.  I used Fresco Acrylics in Zucchini, Teresa Green and Zesty Zing to create a wrinkle free distress look.


I then used Grunge Paste through a stencil, along with stamping all over the pages.


Once happy, I cut the card stock to 8x8 inches and scored vertically and horizontally at 2 inches.


I then cut and folded my page to form the inside of the book pages.


I used the left over card to create the covers and glued these to the pages.


I also cut some inchies to use in my book but also as mini tags,  These were stamped and the edges inked using Walnut Stain distress ink.


I then set out decorating my pages.


This was so much fun!


The urban snapshot stamps were some of the very first PaperArtsy stamps that I purchased all those years ago.


I saw them used in a Craft Stamper article.  And the rest is history!


Not only do they contain some great large and small images, but the quotes are really useful and are awesome!


I teamed the mini book with some sari silk ribbon  I loved the colour and texture of this ribbon and thought that it worked well with the book.



The inchie tags are so cute and would be great to add little words or notes on the backs.


So, there you have it.  My 'Twinchie' book.

This really was so much fun to make.  So much so, I thought I would like to share it with one of you.  Who is up for a giveaway?  If you leave a comment on this post by 30 September 2019, I will draw a winner and the lucky recipient will see this mini book winging it's way to them.

Thanks for joining me this evening - and good luck!

Miriam

4 comments:

  1. Love this book Mim xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this and will be giving it a go xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you show all the pages here, they deserve it! Fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just soooo cute. All that detail on those dinky little pages .... amazing! I remember making a mini book from one sheet of paper a lonnng time ago, thank you so much for the reminder, I'll definitely be giving this a go xx

    ReplyDelete