Sunday 17 November 2019

Christmas Countdown

Evening,

Today I have a project over at the PaperArtsy blog.

The theme for this fortnight is 'Shaving Foam'.  For those of you who follow my blog you will know that I have used this technique quite a few times this year.  I have adapted my technique throughout the year and have learnt new things.

Here is my main project



I started by adding loads of drops of paint into a tray of shaving foam.  I then mixed and swirled these before adding my substrates to the foam.


One thing that I learnt during this project is that I could dip my substrate into the foam a second time to add even more pattern.  I just loved this.



Here are all of the elements once they had been decorated with the shaving foam technique.  I also added Treasure Silver to the edges of each piece.


I kept the design simple as I wanted the technique to stand out.  I used silver embossing and stamped the PaperArtsy Sara Naumann stamps on all elements apart from the number cubes.



I loved how the silver embossing looked against the Fresco Acrylic Paint colours.


The substrates are from That Craft Place.  I just love their MDF.  It is always super easy to put together and is very good value for money and great quality.


I teamed the cubes with numbers die cut in Mirri Card.


I really loved this project and will look forward to using it over the festive period.

This has been my favourite technique this month!

Thanks for joining me this evening.  Do pop over to the PaperArtsy blog to see more inspiration for the Shaving Foam technique.

Happy crafting!
Miriam



4 comments:

  1. Ooooh the silver against the paperarty paint is gorgeous, like etheral icicles 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the inspiration, I'm so happy to find out you can use acrylic paint with shaving foam :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mim, you are so clever! Love this 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Miriam!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete