Friday 31 August 2018

Christmas Samples For Creative Expressions

I was incredibly lucky recently to be asked to design some samples using the amazing new Creative Expressions Lisa Horton stencils and Sue Wilson Dies.  I nearly had to pinch myself when I saw them - they were steam punk themed for Christmas - totally me!!

Once I started to create using them I got a bit carried away, and so my samples will feature over a few blog posts over the next couple of weeks.

Most of my samples appeared on Hochanda - hearing the lovely things that Lisa and the presenters said about my work was so wonderful.

A massive thank you to Lisa, Danny and Creative Expressions for letting me loose to play!

Today I am sharing with you the 'cooler' coloured projects that I created - the blues, whites and silver:


I started really simply by using texture paste through this gorgeous Lisa Horton stencil and then covering it all with glitter while the paste was still wet.  The shine was beautiful when it dried.  I simply added pearls in the middles once it had dried.


Here, I used Distress Oxides in the background and then used the same stencil as before, this time with crackle paste.  It shows that you don't need to use a whole stencil to achieve a lovely result.  I love the crackle on this.


To make it into a card, I used 3 of the Sue Wilson Industrial Chic Festive dies.  These dies cut so well first time too!



For my tag, I painted a tag from That Craft Place and then used stencils to decorate it.




Here, I used Distress Oxides to create a snowy background and added Lisa's stencils.  I then used the fabulous Flying Santa and the separate wording that matched it.


This sample was very 'me'!  I created a brayed paint background and then added lots of stencilling and marking.  I cut the snowflake die to create corners and highlighted in black to make everything 'pop' on the page.


Again, I created a brayered background and added stencilling which I highlighted with a white pen.

I layered the cog wreath onto a burlap panel and added extra cogs, finishing with a ribbon.

For my final card....

This was really simple.  I created a background using PaperArtsy Infusions.  I then die cut the snowflake and wording in silver mirri card.  To finish, I edged the card using walnut stain ink.

So, there you have it… if you're still with me!!

I had so much fun creating these.  A wonderful selection of stencils and dies that can be used for clean and simple or grungy projects.

Thanks for joining me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment