Wednesday 13 March 2019

Country View Crafts Challenges - Numbers and/or Letters

Hello again.  I hope you are enjoying the wonderful projects so far this month - and we are only half way through.

Here is my second project for the Challenge



I started off by using scraps of card to die cut random letters from the Tim Holtz WordPlay die.


I've had this die since it was released.  I never bore of it!


I randomly glued these the letters to a card mat and then cut the bits that were hanging off the edge.  


I then painted all over the mat using Fresco Acrylic paints - this is one of the Tracy Scott release paints.


To create a more vintage feel I added 'A Little Bit Jaded' PaperArtsy infusions.  I simply love this background.  I almost wanted to leave it like this - lol!


I created a circle of Pea Coat paint and then used my stamp platform to stamp the large PaperArtsy Tracy Scott flower.


Leaving the stamped image on the platform, I then set about painting the flower, stamping the flower using the platform again to re-stamp the lines.  

This is one of my favourite things to do - it means that I can use opaque paints to colour detailed images.  

Once dry, I cut the flower out.



To finish, I layered the card up, using doilies and a Tim Holtz quote.  


I loved the finished card.  I already have a recipient in mind too.

Thank you for joining me today.  I hope that I have inspired you to join in with the Challenge for this month - I love seeing your creations.

Do leave me a comment  to let me know that you have stopped by - they always cheer me up to know that you have taken the time to read my posts.

Happy crafting!



3 comments:

  1. Wonderful ! Love it ! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant painting on the flower, the stamping platform has opened up so many possibilities! Love the background too, just the ticket for our theme this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for being this late ....
    Love this card, Miriam! Such a gorgeous background and the use of the plattform is so clever!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete