Monday 15 July 2019

Contemporary Retro

Evening,

This evening I am showing a project over on the PaperArtsy blog.  The theme is Retro colours.  After choosing my Retro colour theme of Captain Peacock, Peach Nectar, Mustard Pickle and Grey Fresco Acrylic paints, I wanted to step this up and give the colours a contemporary twist.

I also chose to use the shaving foam technique again as this is a retro classic that has made a come back.  In fact, I used it for a project earlier this year and Tracy Evans also uses this to create some stunning effects.

Here is my project:


I loved making these cards and as a bonus I still have some of the patterned card left to use for another project.


These droplets of colours look amazing in the shaving foam.


In this image you can see how retro the colours look - I love the swirls and marble - along with the anticipation of the design I will 'pull'.


Here are the designs that I 'pulled'.  I was really pleased with these - each of them different to the last.


I was really pleased with how my finished cards turned out.


They really showed that retro colours can be quite on trend.  They still have a certain 'fresh' look to them.  Sara's stamps worked so well with these colours too.


Thanks for joining me this evening.  Do pop over to the PaperArtsy blog to see more details to this project.

Happy Crafting!
Miriam

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, I love this take on retro. The marbling makes the ( exquisite ) stamps pop and I love the colour choice! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love these!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete