Thursday 1 August 2019

Country View Crafts Challenges - Texture

This month it's my turn to choose the topic - and the choice was easy - Texture!

I love texture.  I love when a project looks tactile and you want to touch it.  I love looking at the different elements.

Here is my first project this month:


I started by adding newspaper strips to a grey board panel.  


I then brushed Buff, Terracotta and Mahogany onto the dried panel.  


I used a spatula to add a layer of Lava Paste.  Before drying this I added a layer of Andy Skinner 'Satin Sunset' embossing powder.  Once heated, I thought this actually looked like reptile skin!  I love this effect.


I stamped the Mechanical Heart onto metal, heat set it, before cutting out and adding it to the panel.


I love the different textures created on this panel.  It certainly has a lot of texture!

Thanks for joining me today.  Do pop over to the challenge blog.  I would love to see you join in with this challenge.  Don't forget, you might be in with a chance of winning a gift voucher to spend on the Country View Crafts website.

Happy Crafting!
Miriam

10 comments:

  1. Wow--so artistic & beautiful! I love the look of the Lava Paste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love it 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Miriam, the Lava Paste looks amazing! Have a fun week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lava paste has an incredible texture! Love the metal heart too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lava paste looks interesting!!! I've never heard of it before - so thanks for the inspiration!!! Great theme!!! Have a nice weekend!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool piece of art, dear Miriam! That lava paste with the embossing powder looks so, so cool! Love it!
    Thank you for the theme this month - one of my favourite things!
    Have a wonderful weekend ahead!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful Miriam - not seen that lava paste before - will be looking for some of that! Big hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. First I'd like to say that I love your challenge because I love texture. I just don't use it enough ! I also love your first project ! It is fab !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great texture Miriam..a very cool heart. Thanks for the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh - how cool! The industrial heart is great and I can hardly believe that lava paste - wow!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete