Sunday 1 September 2019

Country View Crafts Challenge - Under The Sea

Happy September!  Where is the year going?

This month the theme for the Country View Crafts challenge is 'Under The Sea'.  Here is my first project


I have to confess that I got carried away and forgot to take photos for most of the project.  


To start the project I covered a panel with Tim Holtz collage paper.  I love this paper.  It works so well with ink and paint.


Next, I dipped the dried panel into various distress inks that I had spritzed with water.  After each 'dip' I dried the panel and then dipped again.  This gave a lovely depth.

It was from here I forgot to take photos!!


I coloured a panel of card using the same distress ink technique.  Once I was happy with these, I stamped PaperArtsy ScrapCosy stamps using Archival ink.  I love these stamps!  They are so detailed.



I stamped the sea weed using Archival ink directly onto the card and then attached the sea horses and word.

To finish, I added detailing in black and white.

I was really pleased with how this come out.  It was the very first project that I created in my newly decorated craft room.

Thank you for joining me today.  Please pop over to the Challenge blog to see the inspiration from the other design team members.  I really hope that you join in with the challenge - don't forget that you might be in with a chance of winning a gift voucher to spend in the shop!

Happy crafting!
Miriam

8 comments:

  1. Love the collage papers, love the stamps, great colouring... I approve wholeheartedly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - lovely work Miriam! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Miriam!!! I love the seahorses too!!! The collage paper looks great!!! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great panel Miriam with lots of layers. I love seahorse too...and mermaids!! Happy September xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Miriam! I've just discovered how good the collage paper is, and I love how you've coloured the seahorses. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Miriam! The seahorses look amazing.
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic project Miriam! x

    ReplyDelete