Sunday 18 March 2012

Happy Mothering Sunday

A very good Sunday to you all.

Today I want to share with you a canvas that  I made for my mum.  It was inspired by a workshop that I did with Hels Sheridan before Christmas.


First of all I covered the canvas in gesso.  Once dry I dry brushed the background in sand coloured acryllic paint.  I added to this by stamping script in coffee archival ink.  I used 2 stencils to add pomegranate acryllic paint.  Once all this was dry I set about decorating the canvas.

The dress form was created using the Tim  Holtz Alterations 'sewing room' and 'bird cage' dies, both inked with distress ink.  The bird cage was cut to fit and seam binding ribbon added. 

The ruler tape was from John Lewis haberdashery department. I then added various bits from Tim's Ideology range, along with bits that I have had in my trinket box for a while. The tickets were cut from Tim Holtz ticket strip die and then stamped using Tim's set of stamps.

I have spoken to mum this morning and she loves the canvas that I created for her!  I hope you do too.

Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. Love what you have done Miriam bet your Mum was pleased to get that.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely Miriam :)
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Miriam what a great gift. I'm so late visiting WOYWW that I've browsed all posts since and it's been lovely! I see from the tags on your WOYWW that you work in advance - how impressive! Love the tag with the monster on it, and yep, I would be excited about the printers trays too!

    ReplyDelete