Monday 19 March 2018

Country View Crafts Challenges - Postcards

It's my turn over at the Country View Crafts Challenges Blog.

I normally try to make a contrasting project for my second post, but this month I seemed drawn to the same colour family!

Here is my project:


I created the background in the same way as I did my previous background, using the scraped paint technique. This time I used Spanish Mulberry and Amethyst Fresco Finish Chalk Paints.

I used a new Creative Expressions mini stencil to add Grunge Paste to the background before stencilling a JOFY flower over the postcard.


I then copied around the stencilled image using a white gel pen to make the stencilling 'pop',

The flowers on the front are from a new JOFY mini stamp.  I just love this stamp.


I stamped 5 of them and coloured them using Polychromo pencils.  They were then cut out, shaped and added to the postcard using a foam pad to give them dimension.  I also drew and painted stems.

To finish I added a quote from an older JOFY set.

I've had great fun creating postcards this month.

I hope I have inspired you to join in with the Challenge.  I hope you join in with the challenge to be in with a chance of winning a gift voucher.

Happy Crafting!




2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background and the delicate petals on top look fabulous Miriam. Xx

    ReplyDelete