Monday 10 September 2018

Christmas Samples for Creative Expressions Part 3

For my next instalment, I wanted to share 2 mini books that I created using the amazing new Festive dies.

Here is my first:


I used a small canvas journal for this book.  To decorate the pages, brayered paint and stencilled the backgrounds on every other page.



I then teamed lots of the die cuts and went to town decorating the pages.  I snipped parts of the die cuts here and there and used off cuts to create frames for journalling or small pictures.



These dies all went so well together.  The were so fun to use.



I just loved how this little book turned out.

For my second mini book I used the Eileen Hull Passport die.



For the 'book' I used watercolour card.  I then created simple distress backgrounds using Distress Oxides.



Once my backgrounds were dry I added lots of stencilling and inked around the edges of every page.



I then set about decorating the book using loads of the die cuts, creating frames and little pockets for photos or journaling cards.



I teamed everything up using the Lisa Horton tags.  These tags are amazing - they can be used for any time of year.  I just love them!



I cannot tell you how much fun I had creating this book.  It took me a long time, but I enjoyed every minute of it!

Join me again in a couple of days to see the final instalment of the samples that I created.

Thanks for joining me.

1 comment: