Friday 14 September 2018

Christmas Samples for Creative Expressions part 4

Today is the last instalment of the samples that I made.  I hope that you have enjoyed seeing them.

Today I am showing how I used the new grey board packs, created by the very talented Lisa Horton and Danny McIntosh for Creative Expressions.


These baubles were so much fun that I created two and decorated them very differently.  The first used crackle, texture, rust and shimmer sprays, teamed with stencilling.



The second was decorated in more traditional colours.

Both look so different and I love them!


The star was really simple.  I actually used off cuts left over from last year's Christmas cards.  How cool does this look.  I distressed all of the edges to make it look imperfect!

The next sets certainly put me outside of my comfort zone!


I started off with the Christmas tree.  This was great fun.  I created a snowy night and added stencilled snowflakes in the background.


I added a bit of glitter (I think you only ever see me using glitter at Christmas!).  I loved how easily the Christmas tree fitted together.  So much fun - it would make a wonderful alternative Christmas card too!


Next is the rather cosy fire scene with the sticking hanging.  I used stencilling in the background to give a vintage wallpaper look.

And finally….


The Nativity.  I didn't use the little sections to make this totally 3d like the others.  I also used rust to give it a grungier look.

So, there you have it.... the final of 4 posts to share the samples that I have made for Creative Expressions.  A massive thanks to Lisa Horton, Danny McIntosh and Giedre Vilimiene for the fabulous opportunity - it has been a blast!

3 comments:

  1. They are truly fabulous Mim! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love all the techniques on those fab patchwork baubles. You've certainly been getting ahead with the festive makes!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete