Monday 18 February 2019

Swaps Using Scraps

A couple of weeks ago I took part in a swap with two friends.  The theme was to use what was in our scrap box.  My scrap box is pretty big and includes all sorts.  I also have lots of re-purposed embellishments so was able to use these, adding a few additional embellishments.

I used two different colour themes.  Here is the first one:


I re-used panels that I had stencilled with Grunge Paste.  I often do these in batches so that I have some dry and to hand when I need them.  Admittedly, these have been in my stash for a while.



I adore how the Infusions look over the Grunge Paste. The burst of colour followed by the walnut pigment never ceases to amaze me - I love them!


The fun but was the embellishments.  I used lots of different types - flowers, metal, wood.  Lots of different textures, hiding things along the way.

The second project had the same layout:


Again, I teamed all sorts of embellishments to create lots of detail.


Great fun!!


So there you have it.  It's amazing what you can create with scraps.  I even used scrap ribbon as hangers.  I had originally planned for these to be cards but they became far too front heavy!

Thanks for joining me today.  Leave a comment and let me know what you think of my swaps.

Thanks for looking......


1 comment: