Wednesday 11 December 2019

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

This evening I have another project over on the PaperArtsy blog.  The theme for this fortnight is A Bit of Sparkle.  And to me, nothing shouts sparkle more than PaperArtsy Kay Carley stamps.

Here is my finished project


I decided to use alcohol inks onto glossy card as a base for this project.


I used Aqua and Cloudy Blue inks all over the card.  I love the effect of Alcohol inks and they are so simple to use.


My next step was to sponge Versamark ink through Stencil PS118.  I then covered the snowflakes in Wow embossing powder and heated them until the embossing powder melted.


I dragged the Versamark pad over the bottom of the panel and covered this in Wow powder to created snow filled hills.  I was actually really happy with this - it turned out better than I expected.


Once this cooled, I sponged Versamark through the word 'Snow' on the same stencil.  This time I used a glittered Wow powder.  I'm not normally a glittery person, but I loved this!


I stamped the snowman from PaperArtsy Kay Carley EKC31 and co-ordinating stencil PS161.

This is such a fun set to use.  Once the paints were dry I added a touch of clear glitter to add a bit more sparkle.


I was so happy with how this card turned out.

Do pop over to the PaperArtsy blog to see the other inspiration for this topic.

Thanks for joining me this evening.

Happy crafting!
Miriam

1 comment: