Wednesday 15 January 2020

Country View Crafts Challenges - Love

Today  I am sharing my second project of the month for the wonderful Love challenge.

It has been a fabulous start to the year and I love seeing all of your projects.  What better way to get out of the spell of Christmas crafting than by thinking about love!

Here is my project


I started off my covering a card blank using panels from the Stamperia 'Mechanical Fantasy' paper pad.  These papers are absolutely gorgeous, and the new Mechanical Sea papers are just as gorgeous - and have been ordered!


The heart was stamped twice, and the first coloured using grey colours of Polychromo pencils.


The second heart was coloured using red shades of Polychromos.

I love this heart - I love the steampunk feel to it.


My colouring is never perfect, but I don't mind that.


The quote was stamped onto a panel of the grey heart and cut out.  This was then mounted onto the heart which was mounted onto the card panels.

I was really happy with this card.  It was a fairly simple make but the quality and distress on the papers make it look far more complex.

Thanks for joining me today.  Don't forget to pop over to the Challenge blog to look at the inspiration by the fellow DT members.  And while you're there, I hope you are inspired to join in with the challenge - you never know, you might be the lucky winner of the gift voucher to spend in the online shop.

Happy crafting!
Miriam


2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Miriam, you've made me want to get my stamps and papers out! Have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Miriam! I love the look of the papers (old and new mechanicals), the steampunk vibe is just right. The heart stamp is great too and they combine beautifully!

    ReplyDelete