Thursday 13 June 2013

Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday

Why the title?  Well, it's not only my brother's birthday today, but my dear friend Hels Sheridan.  I wish them both a very special day.

I made my June Tim Holtz tag for Hels - it has a lovely quote about friendship inside.... 

"A friend accepts us as we are
yet helps us to be what we should"

This quote is so true.....

You can see the card that I gave to Hels here.

As for my brother...  I scratched my head for a little while then came up with this

I started by inking a card blank using my faves shabby shutters and broken china distress ink.

Next, I stencilled over the background using broken china, and edged around the card in walnut stain. 

The paper and tab are from Kaisercraft.

The Stampotique image was stamped in Archival ink then coloured before being mounted onto the rectangle.

I hope he likes it.....



4 comments:

  1. Hello, love the card for your brother. I was only thinking yesterday we'd not heard from you on twitter lately, hope you are ok. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Miriam. Fabulous card for your brother. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE MY CARD!!!! Thank you so much sweetie, I shall treasure it.... happy birthday to your bro too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Miriam x

    ReplyDelete