Sunday 16 June 2013

Happy Father's Day

Today we celebrate Father's Day in the U.K.

Here is the card that I made for my daddy:

I started by stamping the background ruler from a Tim Holtz set onto a card blank using walnut stain distress ink.

I made a panel to go to the left by brayering over glossy card.  This was then attached.

I stamped the Time Traveller twice and coloured him in using distress markers.

These were cut out.  One was attached to the card.  The other I lined up using a file strip die cut.  I then cut it out to show the face and watch.

'Dad' was stamped onto a label and inked using walnut stain.  Two tickets were also stamped and cut.

I embellished using keys, a corner  and a pointing finger.

To finish, I added glossy accents to the watch and film strip picture.

Alot of love went into this card to say thank you for my dad being there for me over all of these years.

Thanks for looking....

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning Miriam. What a fantastic card. I love what you've done. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miriam, I love the time traveller stamp and you have used him so beautifully on your Dad's wonderful card. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Miriam loving the stamp I haven't got him.

    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card! I bet your dad loved it Miriam! x

    ReplyDelete