Wednesday 9 October 2019

Happy Birthday!

Today it is Dan's birthday.

As a car nut , I mean enthusiast, I wanted to make him a card that had a motoring theme.

Here is the finished card


I started by creating a brayered background masterboard using various PaperArtsy Fresco acrylic paints.  I love making backgrounds this way as they are so quick and effective.

After the brayering I went to town with stamping randomly all over the background.


When I was happy with the background I cut two mats. This also meant that I have some left over for another project.

The mats behind the brayered backgrounds are cut from Lisa Horton stitched scallop squares - these are truly amazing!  You get straight and scalloped dies.


The main image is an Aston Martin, which I bought many years ago from America.  I find it really hard to find good and realistic car stamps in the UK.


To finish my card I added metal gears and embellishments.

This was so much fun to make.  I am hoping that Dan loves it as much as I do!

Thanks for joining me,
Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment