Friday 24 July 2015

Many Happy Returns

It's time to share more birthday cards with you.... this time of year is certainly busy for birthdays!!

In this post I am showing cards that I have made for female friends and family.


This first card is for my friend Sophie. 

I started by covering a card blank using patterned paper from Stampin' Up.  These pads are now 6x6" which I am delighted with - I am so pleased that they have made this change.

I then die cut a window frame and embossed it.

The cup cake was created using the Sprinkles of Life stamp set and co-ordinating tree punch.... This is where I need to digress.... The stamp set is amazing!! It can be used for cupcakes, clouds, trees and whatever your imagination allows!!  What makes it even better is that Stampin' Up donate £2 to charity for every set sold!!  Then there is the punch - what is not to love about this punch?!

Anyway!!  I stamped, coloured then punched the image before mounting it to the window frame.

I added Mint Macaron ribbon and created a knotted bow and stamped sentiment to finish.

 
 
This card was for my sister, Laura. 
 
I used the same papers as I used in Sophie's card.  This time I used the Build A Birthday stamp set, which is really fun to use!
 
I tied a lovely bow using Cucumber Crush lace ribbon.  I love this ribbon - it's so soft and beautiful.


This final card was for one of my colleagues, Sam. 

I am sure you are sick of seeing this stamp but I just can't stop using it!

The papers this time are from the in-colour DSP stack.  Now, since I joined Stampin' Up in 2012 I have not bought these stacks.  I received a set in my starter kit in the beginning. I was never really a fan of the DSP - the patterns were ok - but never really my 'thing'.  They have changed this year though....and I LOVE them!!

Back to my blog post!!! 

All recipients liked their cards and I certainly enjoyed making them.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment