Thursday 30 July 2015

Thank you!

When Stampin' Up released their latest catalogue the 1 stamp that I knew I 'NEEEDED' was the Awesomely Artistic set - which is totally up my street!!

Anyway, I ordered it as soon as I could and it took longer than normal to arrive due to increased orders and excitement at the new catalogue.  As soon as my order arrived I opened it as quickly as I could.... to find that the wrong stamp set was sent.  I was soooo disappointed!!

I mentioned this on Facebook and one of my Stampin' Up friends contacted me to say that she had a new set that she was not going to use until after her holiday and so would send it to me and then I could send her my copy when it arrived!  How kind is that!!  It made me so happy and I received it the next day.

To say thank you I bought her some chocolates and made her a card and envelope.



I used the new in-colours and made a card using the You've Got This stamp set which I coloured in using ink and a water brush.

I then created an envelope using the Treat Bag framelits and banner punch.

I hope Kerry liked them!

I gave this to Kerry on one of our team training days.  As part of team training we all create 'something' to swap - and swapping is so much fun.

Here is the swap that I made for the training using the wonderful Awesomely Artistic set....



I stamped the Taupe background using the same colour ink.

I embossed then tore a mint macron panel and added a strip on dsp which had string wrapped around it and tied in a bow.

I stamped the label and cut it out.

The dragonflies were stamped then cut out then added to the card front.

The greeting was die cut.

I added silver string and sequins to finish.

I really do totally love this stamp set!!  In fact, here is another version made...


I know that I will get so much use out of these stamp sets - don't think I will ever get bored of them!!
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments: